Citizens Police Academy
- An overview of the criminal justice system
- Local ordinances, crimes, and vehicle code issues
- The U.S. Constitution and citizens' rights
- Firearms safety, use of force, and defensive tactics
- Patrol procedures, traffic stops, speed enforcement, and officer safety
- Criminal, drug, and gang investigations
- Domestic crimes, custody disputes, and missing children
- The role of the District Attorney and the District Court
- Local crimes, current investigations, programs, and public issues
TO ENSURE OUR DEPARTMENT IS ABLE TO PROVIDE A SAFE and COMPREHENSIVE CITIZENS' POLICE ACADEMY, WE HAVE ELECTED TO POSTPONE OUR 2021 CLASS.
It is our hope that COVID-19 cases will begin to decline and we will be able to provide a more hands-on course in the fall of 2022. Please continue to monitor this page if you are interested in the program; updates will be published accordingly.
If you have questions or need further information, contact the Police Administration office, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 412-833-1113.