Citizens Police Academy
- An overview of the criminal justice system
- Local ordinances, crimes, and vehicle code issues
- The U.S. Constitution and citizens' rights
- Firearms safety, use of force, and defensive tactics
- Patrol procedures, traffic stops, speed enforcement, and officer safety
- Criminal, drug, and gang investigations
- Domestic crimes, custody disputes, and missing children
- The role of the District Attorney and the District Court
- Local crimes, current investigations, programs, and public issues
Upper St. Clair residents who are interested in this program should complete the application form. Mail or deliver it to the Upper St. Clair Police Department, 1820 McLaughlin Run Road, Upper St. Clair, PA 15241. There is no fee. Applicants must be 21+ to be considered for admission.
If you have questions or need further information, contact the Police Administration office, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 412-833-1113.