Citizens Police Academy
- An overview of the criminal justice system
- Local ordinances, crimes, and vehicle code issues
- The U.S. Constitution and citizens' rights
- Firearms safety, use of force, and defensive tactics
- Patrol procedures, traffic stops, speed enforcement, and officer safety
- Criminal, drug, and gang investigations
- Domestic crimes, custody disputes, and missing children
- The role of the District Attorney and the District Court
- Local crimes, current investigations, programs, and public issues
TO ENSURE OUR DEPARTMENT IS ABLE TO PROVIDE A SAFE and COMPREHENSIVE CITIZENS' POLICE ACADEMY, WE HAVE ELECTED TO POSTPONE OUR 2021 CLASS.
It is our hope that COVID-19 cases will begin to decline and we will be able to provide a more hands-on course in the near future. More information regarding the new dates will be reflected on this page once the postponed course schedule is finalized.
If you have questions or need further information, contact the Police Administration office, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 412-833-1113.