Teen Library Services
Upper St. Clair Township Library offers the following services for tweens and teens:
- Tween & Teen Classes & Programs
- Student Volunteer Information
- Teen e-Resources
- Library Resources for Tweens & Teens
- Reading Programs
Looking for a great book? Request a curated book bundle today!
Tween & Teen Library Programs
Check out some of the library classes and programs for teens and tweens!
Back to top
Student Volunteer Information
In-person volunteer opportunities are available on a limited basis, to students who both applied to become a volunteer and completed the 2023 Summer Teen Activity Challenge. For issues regarding volunteering, please contact Colleen at the Kids & Teens Library.
At-Home Volunteer Opportunities are available all of the time! Any student in grades 5-12 may complete any of the following opportunities. Please follow the instructions below to sign up for these unique volunteer opportunities.
Write a Book Review - 1 Hour of Service Per Review
Have you read a good book lately? Write a 200-500 word review to share on a blog which will be linked to the Teen Library website. Make sure that your review emphasizes why the book was a good read and is not an essay about the book. Upload your review here.
Write a Movie Review - 1 Hour of Service Per Review
Have you seen a good movie lately? Write a 200-500 word review to share on a blog which will be linked to the Teen Library website. Make sure that your review emphasizes why the movie was a good read and is not an essay about the movie. Upload your review here.
Create a Video for Upper St. Clair Township Library YouTube Channel - 5 to 10 Hours of Service Per Video
Showcase your talents, teach a new skill, and use your video production skills to create a video that will be showcased on the Library's YouTube channel. Click on the links below for more information:
Create a Video Tutorial
Create a Share a Skill Video
Reimagined Readers Theater
Musical Instrument Show & Tell
Create a Visual Book Review
Create Your Own Volunteer Opportunity!
Do you have an idea for a virtual volunteer opportunity or in-person class/program? Contact Miss Colleen using the link below to share your idea and she will help you bring it to life! Student volunteer the Math and Science Moments Video opportunity was developed. Be creative and innovative! All ideas will be entertained. Email Miss Colleen for more information.
Back to top
The Upper St. Clair Township Library offers a variety of seasonal reading programs for all ages.
In 2023 resolve to read more! Join the Adventure 365 Reading Challenge.
Sign up on Beanstack and register for the Upper St. Clair Adventure 365 Reading Challenge program.
Check out books from the library and log your reading all year long.
Beanstack for Mobile Tips - Beanstack for PC Tips
Back to top
Utilize the e-resources of the Allegheny County Library Association in addition to Upper St. Clair Township Library sponsored online resources.
Check out Upper St. Clair Township Library's YouTube channel. You'll find student volunteer created content, recordings of library programs and more.
Back to top
Library Resources For Tweens & teens
Check out some of the other resources Upper St. Clair Township Library has to offer!
Looking for a different career pathway than a traditional four-year college or university? Check out the Library's curated listing of college alternatives. You'll find links to career guidance, local trades and alliances, and recommended area trade schools.
Book Lists for Tweens & Teens
Explore a variety of book lists through the Library's Select Reads landing page. Every book list in Select Reads is linked to the online catalog for easy requesting of library materials.
Explore a curated list of recommended research tools, websites and resources for advice.
Access the Library catalog's listing of board games for all ages. Board games are able to be checked-out for a 3-week loan period.
Back to top
USC Library Email Sign-Up
- Library classes, programs and events for tweens and teens (5th-12th grade)
- Link to Virtual Teen Programs page
- eLibrary, eResources and other online resources
- Virtual and online programs for tweens and teens
- Student volunteer information
- Reading program information including: Summer 2021 (via Beanstack), Teen Activity Challenge
- College alternative links including: resources from the Consortium for Public Education (Career Journeys and Snack & Learn programs); PA Chamber's Bringing PA Back/Start the Conversation career resources (33 Most In-Demand Careers in PA, Career Calculator, Mike Rowe's Works Foundation scholarship information); New Century Careers information; New Horizon's Computer Learning Centers training and certification programs.
- Age appropriate book lists for tweens and teens (series and sequels in the library, middle-grade readers, middle school-aged readers, high school-aged readers)
- Related links to research tools, recommended websites and homework help
- Crazy Cake & Cake Pops Recipe
- Recycled Book Page Rose Instructions