USC Cable is a largely volunteer supported public access/government station based within the Township Municipal Building. On this channel, you will find the Video Newspaper and programs produced by volunteers.
The video newspaper displays information and meeting announcements for a variety of Township activities, community groups, and churches.
USC Cable personnel can provide training and equipment to those interested in producing a program for the community. The first hour-long session covers use of the camera and equipment. Future sessions teach use of the editing equipment to polish footage so that it is ready for viewing on USC Cable.
To volunteer for training in order to cover your organization and its activities, call 412.831.1030.
1820 McLaughlin Run Road, Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
Comcast Channel 7
Verizon Channel 42
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- 4:00 PM - Ice Hockey vs. Canon McMillan
- 6:00 PM - 2019 Veterans Remembrance
- 8:00 PM - Youth Steering Committee Vaping Panel
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- 10:30 AM - Crossroads Ministry
- 12:00 PM - South Hills Bible Chapel
- 2:00 PM - St. Gregory Byzantine Church
- 4:00 PM - Ice Hockey
- 7:00 PM - 15241 TODAY: Jim and Lanny on Stage: Jim Leyland
- 8:00 PM - Boys Basketball
The Video Newspaper
The Video Newspaper is a series of video text announcements that run between public/governmental programming. Announcements can be submitted by anyone and must be non-commercial.
Announcements for a one-time event will run two weeks prior to the event until the event. Announcements for ongoing events will run for two weeks and then must be re-submitted to run an additional two weeks. A public announcement will not be run for more than 30 days per calendar year.
The Video Newspaper is maintained by volunteers. Primary loading is done on Tuesdays and a small load, as necessary, is done on Fridays.
When submitting an announcement, the following criteria must be met:
- The announcement must be submitted in writing and in format.
- Format is 8 lines by 30 spaces to a line where spaces include letters, numbers, special characters, and blank spaces.
- Include the name of the person submitting the information and contact information with phone number, address, and e-mail address (if available).
- Items can be submitted by mail, e-mail or dropped off at the office. When emailing, please put "Video Newspaper" in the subject line.
To drop off announcements, there is a box in the lower lobby of the Upper St. Clair Township Municipal Building. The box is located on the left wall of the library entrance door after entering the building. It is to the right of the double doors on that left wall. There are two boxes. The top one contains announcement forms and the lower box is for submitting announcements.
While writing an announcement, it is best to keep it simple. Stay with the event's name, location, date and time, and contact information for the event. The shorter you can make the announcement the more likely it is to be read.