Use your library
The Library has professional librarians on duty during all open hours. Reference help, reader’s advisory, and assistance with library technology is always available. Questions may also be called in during library hours or sent via email. Meeting rooms and restrooms are located on the first floor.
Membership in the library gives you access to a wide variety of materials and services. Information on obtaining a library card and our borrowing policies is outlined here.
Computer stations and WiFi access are available on both floors.
A 3D printer is located on the adult floor. Print jobs are scheduled during library hours. Please see the 3D brochure for more information.Programs & Events
- Upcoming Programs include a variety of speakers and topics of interest
- Digital Literacy Classes meet Mondays through Fridays
- Summer Reading for adults includes lighthearted contests and prizes
Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Summer Sundays
Accessibility contact for the Library: Mrs. Helen Palascak, Director of the Library at 412.831.9000, ext 247.
1820 McLaughlin Run Road Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
Computer instruction is available for adults needing help to set up an email account, use Microsoft Word, use the Internet, or use personal digital devices. Private one hour sessions are scheduled throughout the month. More info on Digital Literacy.
Call the library or stop by the Help Desk to sign up for a class.
Learning to Read: Tips for Parents.
Learning to Read: Tips for Parents is a scheduled one-on-one discussion with the children's librarian to answer your questions about reading. Learn activities that will help your young child get ready to read, tips for helping your beginning reader, or how to find books your child and teen will like.
If you are interested, set up an appointment that works for you by stopping in the Library or calling the library and asking for the children's floor. Plan to spend approximately one-half hour in the Library.
Let us bring the Library to you! If you are unable to get to the library on your own, we can set up a regular monthly delivery to your door. We can provide you with regular and large print books as well as audio books and DVDs on a regular monthly basis.
You are eligible if you have:
a short or long-term illness
a senior non-driver status
a physical challenge
a visual disability
Examples of people who might use this service are a pregnant woman on bed rest, a person with a broken leg, or persons undergoing treatment for cancer or other serious illness.
Registration is easy. The application may be printed and returned to the library, or simply call the library at 412-835-5540 and ask for Walker.
Are you interested in helping with this program? We’re looking for Volunteers to do one monthly delivery to a USC resident who enrolls in this program.
Study and Meeting rooms in the library
Study rooms are available on both the adult and children's floors of the library on a first come basis. Each room seats four comfortably and receives a WIFI signal.
Services for the Physically Impaired
- Audio and large-print books are available
- Magic is a screen enlargement program
- Jaws synthesizes speech for "screen reading"
- Large-screen keyboard can be requested
- Service desks and self-checkout stations are wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair is available for on-site usage
- Sign language interpreter is available with two weeks prior notice
- Fax Service: Fax & Scanning services are available on the adult floor of the library
with the assistance of library staffduring library hours. There is a $1 per job fee. Fax service includes a complimentary cover sheet and a printed confirmation for your records. Only local, domestic faxes can be sent (international fax service is not available). Scans will be sent to your email address.
- Financial Aid and college test applications
- Test proctoring ($15.00) Please read the test proctoring policy
- Photocopying machine (15 cents/page black & white)
- Color photocopies made with staff assistance ($1.00/page)
- Tax Products
In addition, the library has also collected information of unique interest to Township residents such as: