Library Programs and Events
- Most programs are free of charge.
- To ensure quality programs, limiting by size is sometimes necessary.
- Program registration is requested.
- Walk-ins welcome, except as noted.
- Programs are in the Library Multipurpose Room, first floor, unless stated otherwise.
Kid’s Classes and Programs
- Kids’s and teen classes and programs are free of charge.
- Kid’s classes are educational in nature.
- Registration for kid’s classes must be done in person at the library.
- To ensure quality classes, limiting groups to a specific size is often necessary.
- During kid’s classes and programs, all caregivers are required to stay within the library building.
- Kid’s and teen programs are on the kid’s floor except as noted.
Tween & Teen Programs
The Upper St. Clair Township Library is pleased to offer a variety of fun and educational programs to students in 5th-12th grades.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Summer Sundays
Accessibility contact for the Library: Mrs. Helen Palascak, Director of the Library at 412.831.9000, ext 247.
1820 McLaughlin Run Road Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
Individual digital literacy instruction is available for adults needing help to set up an email account, use Microsoft Word, use the Internet, or use personal digital devices. Private one hour sessions are scheduled throughout the month. Choose the class that's right for you!
Adult Gaming Night
Bring your own game to share or try something new from the library's game collection. Meets one Monday a month at 7:00 PM.Book Groups
Share your love of reading. Join a book group! Discussion groups meet on selected months throughout the year. Please call the library for dates and times.
Cozy Up With Books: Our women's Thursday morning book discussion group.
WOW! (Women Of Words): Our women's Tuesday evening book discussion group.
Let's Talk: Our Wednesday evening nonfiction book discussion group.
Bring Your Own Book: Our Friday afternoon discussion group where participants share books they've recently enjoyed.
Everyone can be creative! This group shares conversation about our creative processes and supports each other's creative journeys. Meets on the first Friday of the month at 2:00 PM.
Express Yourself! Writer's Group
The focus of this group is to share writings and to serve as a resource and writing inspiration for one another. Stop in anytime! Meets every other Wednesday morning at 10:00 AM.
Friends of the Library Book Collection
Donate your gently used books and audiovisual materials and help support the library. (Sorry, no encyclopedias or magazines.) Meets the first Saturday of the month at 10:00 AM.
Participants will enjoy learning more about history while engaging with others in the community. Meets one Monday a month at 7:00 PM.
Talk and knit, or crochet! This bring your project, get help, and share with others gathering of crafters is the place to refine your techniques. Crafters meet in the library.
Vintage Radio Players
This reader's theater group reenacts classic radio plays from the 1940s and '50s. Meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 2:00 PM.