The Library is funded by the Township, but expenses are partially offset by a Pennsylvania library aid subsidy, the Allegheny County Regional Asset District (ARAD), and revenues generated by donations and late fees. The Friends of the USC Library also contribute generously to special library needs.
The Library is a department of the Township Government, and it's budget is approved every year by the Township Board of Commissioners. In 2016, the Township covered $760,214 in library net expenditures, which is equal to 3.64% of the General Fund revenues.
ARAD funds are distributed to all independent libraries in the county via a distribution formula which is based on a set of factors such as population of the service district, annual circulation of the library, and computer usage at the library. The amount the library receives changes every year based on the prior year's statistics.
The State subsidy is dependent on allocations from the Pennsylvania Legislature in each year's budget.
Advocate for your Library --- Your personal story is worth hundreds of official library statistics.
- Who in your family uses library services?
- What services are most important to you?
- When do you use the library?
- Where would you be without libraries?
- Why do you use the library?
Your support will make a real difference in the future of all libraries.
Click on the link below to write to your elected officials in zip code 15241-2300. Use LIBRARY FUNDING in the subject line. Pennsylvania State officials.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Summer Sundays
Accessibility contact for
the Library: Mr. Chris
Gmiter, Director of
the Library at
412.831.9000 ext. 247
1820 McLaughlin Run Road Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
Want to do more?
- Write a letter to the editor about how you use the Library and why it is valuable to you.
- Donate funds for specific library programs or events.
- You can also donate online or just drop your change in the box at the main desk.
- Donate a tribute book in memory or in honor of a loved one
- Buy a USC Library bag and use it proudly.
- Purchase books from the Friends of the Library sales
- Adopt a magazine during our annual drive.
- Give of your time. Volunteer.
Annual Library Reports
USC Shares: A Quarterly Newsletter