e-info – Your 24/7 Library: we're up when you are!
Find a Book
- The Catalog Always available for you to check on what we have, to place requests, and to renew items you already have out.
- New Books See what new items were added to the library collection each week – read reviews, place holds. Subscribe to a monthly email featuring new titles.
This project is made possible in part by Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and through Library Access Funds administered by the Office of Commonwealth Libraries, Department of Education, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Tom Wolf, Governor.
- Digital Resources Access thousands of full text periodical articles, newspapers, a major encyclopedia, plus photographs, pictures, charts, maps, and reference materials for people of all ages.
- Digital Resources for Kids Research tools for elementary and middle school kids, featuring thousands of magazine articles, historical essays, a science fair guide, and information for staying safe online.
- World Book Advanced A powerful reference tool that includes full encyclopedic and multimedia databases supplemented with online books, primary sources, website links, back in time articles, special reports and more.
- Encyclopedia Britannica A powerful resource to search or browse for information. It's three sites in one—a child-friendly collection, a young adult interface, and a general reference collection for adults.
- Overdrive Read eBooks and digital audiobooks on your phone, tablet, or computer. Over 85,000 titles are available.
- Overdrive for kids eBooks and digital audiobooks for kids.
- BookFlix eBooks for kids.
- Flipster Access popular magazine titles. Titles are always available, so there's no need to place holds.
Digital Music & Movies
- Hoopla Check out movies, TV shows, albums, and audiobooks right to your web browser, tablet computer, or smartphone.
- Universal Class lets you access over 500 high-quality online continuing education courses. Featured subjects include computer training, business, parenting, history, medicine, writing, and many more.
- Testing and Education Reference Center provides users with in-depth information on colleges and universities, graduate and professional programs, distance learning, corporate training, available scholarships and awards, preparatory entrance tests and much more. Available online practice tests include entrance exams, certification, and licensing tests. Also includes a Career Module, which consists of the Career Assessment, the Resume Builder and the Virtual Careers Library.
- Driver's Education is an online resource for anyone looking to brush up on their knowledge of PA traffic laws. Included are free tests specifically based on the state's DMV materials. Drivers of all ages and experience levels can benefit from this free online service.
Monday - Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Friday & Saturday
9:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Summer Sundays
Accessibility contact for the Library: Mrs. Helen Palascak, Director of the Library at 412.831.9000, ext 247.
1820 McLaughlin Run Road Upper St. Clair, PA 15241
More Digital Resources
These electronic information resources online are all available to you at no cost.
Glassdoor is a job resource center. Using it through the library provides free and unlimited access to job and company information.
Good Reads are online booklists which highlight new books as well as topic specific recommendations. Check them often as lists change.
Internet Public Library Information you can trust features a searchable subject categorized directory of authoritative websites, links to online texts, newspapers, and more.
Web Sites for Kids rates the selected resources according to age appropriateness and is a project of the American Library Association.