Earned Income and Net Profits Tax
Earned Income and Net Profits Tax is a 1.3% (0.8% Township; 0.5% School District) tax on earned income and compensation (W-2 income from salaries or wages) and net profits from a business, profession, farm, or rental property (Federal Schedules C, E, F, and K-1 1065) and other forms of earned income as defined by the Local Tax Enabling Act.
- All taxpayers must register with the Tax Office within fifteen days of becoming a resident, or at the beginning, ending, or the changing of employment.
- All Taxpayers receiving a salary, or an owner draw from business income, are required to meet 100% of the total yearly tax liability through quarterly tax payments.
- Quarterly tax payments are required. A taxpayer employer that does not withhold local tax must file quarterly tax returns. Final tax returns are required for all taxpayers.
- Tax audits are routinely conducted on residents, including those moving out of the Township.
- Failure to comply with the tax regulations will result in penalty and interest charges, and/or charges filed at the District Justice.
|Period||Date Due||for Months|
|1st Quarter||April 30||January, February, & March|
|2nd Quarter||July 31||April, May, & June|
|3rd Quarter||October 31||July, August, & September|
|4th Quarter||January 31||October, November, & December|
|Final Return||April 15 (moved to July 15, 2020)|
Local Earned Income Tax Return
All taxpayers are required to file a Local Earned Income Tax Return with Jordan Tax Service, who is the Tax Collector for the Allegheny County Southwest Tax Collection District. The form is available through the following link: Local earned income tax return. Online filing is also available on the Tax Collector's website at www.jordantax.com/eitfinal.
The Local Earned Income Tax Return is in addition to the resident's four quarterly filings on or before April 15 of each year for the preceding year. For 2020 (filing of the 2019 tax return), the filing deadline has been moved from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020 to align with the extension put in place by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Federal Government.
When filing final returns, please submit documentation of earnings such as W2 forms, Schedule C's, Schedule UE, Form 2106, Form 3909, etc.
Please note penalty and interest charges will be assessed at the rate of 1% per month for late quarterly and final tax payments.