The Township of Upper St. Clair will continue to have the same tax rate as it has had for nine consecutive years. Again, the Board of Commissioners approved a budget with no tax increase.
The Township’s real estate tax rate will remain at 3.83 mills and the earned income tax rate will remain at 0.80 percent.
Continued planning and construction of several transportation projects will take place during 2018. The Township received grant funding to improve the traffic signals at the intersections of McMurray and Johnston roads, as well as Panther Pass, McMurray and McLaughlin Run roads. Improvements to the intersection of Boyce and Boyce Plaza roads should be completed in 2018, with developer contributions and grants covering most of the cost. The Township will continue to work with PennDOT on upcoming improvements to the intersection of McLaughlin Run, Lesnett and McMillan roads.
The Township recognizes the benefits of well-maintained streets and is committed to a regular schedule of street repairs. The annual Street Improvement Program is projected at $1,700,000, an increase of $100,000 over last year.
In 2018, the Township plans to reinvest in its facilities with a variety of building projects. This includes construction of a new tennis and golf administration building on McLaughlin Run Road and a renovation of the McLaughlin Run Activity Center. Discussion and study of future space allocation within the municipal building will also take place in 2018, keeping in mind the growing needs of the Upper St. Clair Police Department and the pending departure of the Upper St. Clair School District administration offices.
Going on 10 years strong, the Township plans to reinvest in the Community & Recreation Center by undertaking a facility assessment study in 2018. The objective is to develop long-term recommendations for future facility and program enhancements. Several capital projects are also planned for the C&RC including pool deck resurfacing, and replacement of fitness equipment and community room furniture.
In 2017, the Township received its ninth consecutive Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA). The 2018 budget document continues to meet the GFOA’s award criteria.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- McLaughlin Run Activity Center Closing for Renovations
- Community Blood Drive Set for Sept. 14
- Bethel Church Road in USC to Temporarily Close
- Official Winners of Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon Announced
- Low-Interest Loans Available for Upper St. Clair Flood Victims
- Annual Building Closure Scheduled for Aug. 19-24
- Raccoon Found in Upper St. Clair Tests Positive for Rabies
- Tri-Community South EMS Receives Three-Year Accreditation
- Waste Management Works With USC During Flood Cleanup
- Try the Tri: Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon is July 28
USC Finance - Monday, December 04, 2017