- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Tips for the Winter Season
- Fall Fun Continues at Annual USC Festival
- Color Crawl Is Another Success
- Costume Parade at the Community and Recreation Center
- USC Recognizes Firefighters and Fire Prevention Week
- New Health Coaching Services Available in Upper St. Clair
- USC Assistant Manager Wins Prestigious Award
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Sworn In
- USC Presents On Stage With Jim and Lanny
- USC Recognizes PIAA Swim Champions
USC Recognizes Firefighters and Fire Prevention Week
USC Administration - Tuesday, October 08, 2019
The Township of Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners recognized the following volunteer firefighters for their years of service on Monday night:
-David Kropp, 30 years
-Daniel Barr, 20 years
-Douglas Heckman, 20 years
-Craig DeRoss, 10 years
-Sean Allebrand, 5 years
Commissioner Rex A. Waller presented the Certificates of Appreciation and thanked the firefighters for their dedication to the community.
In addition on Monday night, the Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners issued a proclamation establishing the week of Oct. 6-12, 2019 as fire prevention week in the Township. Commissioner Ronald J. Pardini presented the proclamation to Upper St. Clair Volunteer Fire Department's Fire Prevention Coordinator Russell Rauch, emphasizing that firefighters do more than put out house fires. Our Volunteer Fire Department also puts in a lot of time to teach fire prevention and keep the Township safe during and following storms.
"The community owes your a debt of gratitude and I personally want to commend you for your service," said Mr. Pardini.
The 2019 fire prevention week theme, "Not every hero wears a cape. Plan and practice your escape," reminds citizens to take personal steps to increase safety from fire.