The Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners honored an Upper St. Clair High School sophomore on May 7 for earning a Girl Scout Gold Award.
Commissioner Elise Logan presented Gabriella Spina on with the official proclamation. Miss Spina completed her project called "Taking Care of Your SELFie," which was a free one-day workshop for girls in grades 6-8 to address and combat stress and low self esteem. The workshop included aspects such as practicing yoga, identifying positive role models and learning social media safety.
In addition, Miss Spina serves as secretary and treasurer of the sophomore student council and has been a Girl Scout for 14 years. Mrs. Logan commended Spina for valuable civic contributions to the community.
"Girl Scouts have helped girls become leaders in their communities. You're a prime example of that," Mrs. Logan said to Miss Spina.
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest recognition issued by the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- USC Recycling Changes: Frequently Asked Questions
- Upper St. Clair Recreation Presents Holiday Excursion
- USC Issues Proclamation on Fire Prevention Week
- Upper St. Clair Library Earns Gold Star from Pa. Library Association
- USC Commissioners Honor Firefighters
- Recycling Changes to Come in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Named a Live Well Allegheny Community
- Boyce Mayview Park Wins Great Place in PA Award
- Commissioners Present Certificate of Achievement to Cross Country Star
- Upper St. Clair Commissioners Recognize Retired Police Chief