The Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners honored an Upper St. Clair High School sophomore on May 7 for earning a Girl Scout Gold Award.
Commissioner Elise Logan presented Gabriella Spina on with the official proclamation. Miss Spina completed her project called "Taking Care of Your SELFie," which was a free one-day workshop for girls in grades 6-8 to address and combat stress and low self esteem. The workshop included aspects such as practicing yoga, identifying positive role models and learning social media safety.
In addition, Miss Spina serves as secretary and treasurer of the sophomore student council and has been a Girl Scout for 14 years. Mrs. Logan commended Spina for valuable civic contributions to the community.
"Girl Scouts have helped girls become leaders in their communities. You're a prime example of that," Mrs. Logan said to Miss Spina.
The Girl Scout Gold Award is the highest recognition issued by the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- May 20-26 Is EMS Week in Upper St. Clair
- Commissioners Recognize Outstanding Swimmers
- USC Commissioners Honor Girl Scout Award Honoree
- Community Day 2018 is May 19
- Planned Power Outage for Boyce Plaza Road
- Keep Upper St. Clair Waterways Pollution-Free
- West Penn Power: Planned Interruption on April 16
- Commissioners Declare April 8-14 Library Week in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Designated as 2018 Banner Community
- Upper St. Clair Paving Plan Approved