Sustainable Pittsburgh has recognized the Township of Upper St. Clair’s commitment to sustainability. The Township is first place in the 2016-17 Green
The yearlong, friendly competition enabled municipalities, businesses, nonprofits and universities to track and measure improvements in energy, water, waste and transportation. The participants took green and sustainable actions, each of which earned them points in the challenge. Some of the point-earning actions in Upper St. Clair include monitoring indoor and outdoor air quality; switching out less efficient light bulbs; installing higher efficiency HVAC units; planting more trees, bushes, and flowers; and finding ways to reuse furniture.
Sustainability Administrator Ron Sarrick led the Township to victory.
“Sustainability is more than a thought. It’s an actual way of living,” Sarrick said.
The Borough of Monaca came in second place, and Moon Township came in third. This was the Township’s third year competing in the Green Workplace Challenge, and the first year it took first place.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- USC Issues Proclamation for Girl Scout Gold Awardee
- May 19-25 is EMS Week in USC
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Resigns
- Commissioners Declare Library Week in Upper St. Clair
- USC Commissioners Honor Stand-Out Wrestler
- A Number of 2019 Road Paving Projects Planned for Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Named 2019 Banner Community
- New Glass Recycling Option for Upper St. Clair
- USC Receives Highest Form of Recognition for Financial Reporting
- Community and Recreation Center Hosts MLK Day of Service