Sustainable Pittsburgh has recognized the Township of Upper St. Clair’s commitment to sustainability. The Township is first place in the 2016-17 Green
The yearlong, friendly competition enabled municipalities, businesses, nonprofits and universities to track and measure improvements in energy, water, waste and transportation. The participants took green and sustainable actions, each of which earned them points in the challenge. Some of the point-earning actions in Upper St. Clair include monitoring indoor and outdoor air quality; switching out less efficient light bulbs; installing higher efficiency HVAC units; planting more trees, bushes, and flowers; and finding ways to reuse furniture.
Sustainability Administrator Ron Sarrick led the Township to victory.
“Sustainability is more than a thought. It’s an actual way of living,” Sarrick said.
The Borough of Monaca came in second place, and Moon Township came in third. This was the Township’s third year competing in the Green Workplace Challenge, and the first year it took first place.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- USC Receives Highest Form of Recognition for Financial Reporting
- Community and Recreation Center Hosts MLK Day of Service
- Community & Recreation Center Gives Back
- No Tax Increase for Upper St. Clair Residents
- USC Recycling Changes: Frequently Asked Questions
- Upper St. Clair Recreation Presents Holiday Excursion
- USC Issues Proclamation on Fire Prevention Week
- Upper St. Clair Library Earns Gold Star from Pa. Library Association
- USC Commissioners Honor Firefighters
- Recycling Changes to Come in Upper St. Clair