Sustainable Pittsburgh has recognized the Township of Upper St. Clair’s commitment to sustainability. The Township is first place in the 2016-17 Green
The yearlong, friendly competition enabled municipalities, businesses, nonprofits and universities to track and measure improvements in energy, water, waste and transportation. The participants took green and sustainable actions, each of which earned them points in the challenge. Some of the point-earning actions in Upper St. Clair include monitoring indoor and outdoor air quality; switching out less efficient light bulbs; installing higher efficiency HVAC units; planting more trees, bushes, and flowers; and finding ways to reuse furniture.
Sustainability Administrator Ron Sarrick led the Township to victory.
“Sustainability is more than a thought. It’s an actual way of living,” Sarrick said.
The Borough of Monaca came in second place, and Moon Township came in third. This was the Township’s third year competing in the Green Workplace Challenge, and the first year it took first place.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Recognized for His Service
- Upper St. Clair Engineer Retires After 20 Years of Service
- C&RC Hosting Blood Drive
- Upper St. Clair Commissioners Hold the Line on Taxes
- Bounty of Sunshine for 9th Annual Bounty Fall Fest
- New Ordinance Requires Sewer Inspection Before Property Sale
- Upper St. Clair Wins Green Workplace Challenge