The Township of Upper St. Clair’s administrators continue to closely monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are receiving the latest updates from the Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD), and agencies with the Commonwealth of PA. This continues to remain a very fluid situation and we will continue to update the public.
The latest ACHD update advises the elderly population, those with underlying medical conditions and those who are sick to avoid large events and mass gatherings. Governor Wolf has most recently called on the cancellation or postponement of events with more than 250 attendees.
Township administrators urge staff and residents to stay home if you feel sick. In addition, please follow these common sense, but important, preventative measures:
-Wash your hands frequently with water and soap for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
-Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
-Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If there is no tissue available, cough or sneeze into your shoulder or sleeve.
-Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
-Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
-Avoid shaking hands.
The Township will continue to coordinate with the Commonwealth, County and Upper St. Clair School District personnel as the response evolves over the coming days and weeks ahead. Check the Township website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for updates as information is made available.
For more information regarding COVID-19, including ongoing updates, visit the ACHD website, or call ACHD at 412-687-2243 to speak to a department representative.
Stop the Spread of Germs
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Upper St. Clair Seeks New Commissioner
- Community and Recreation Center Reopens July 6
- Upper St. Clair Follows New ACHD Order and Cancels Activities of 25 or More
- West Penn Power Conducting 2020 Tree-Trimming Program
- Upper St. Clair Announces the Reopenings of Facilities
- Upper St. Clair and South Fayette Fireworks Display Postponed
- Nearly 500 Attend Peaceful Rally in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Announces Schedule to Reopen Facilities and Resume Programs
- USC Department of Recreation Releases Reopening Plans
- Statement from Upper St. Clair Township and School District Leaders