The Township of Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners issued an official proclamation recognizing the Upper St. Clair High School Odyssey of the Mind Division III Problem Performance Team 2019-20 for placing first at the World Finals.
Commissioner Pamela L. Enck presented the honor to the team, consisting of Victoria Cuba, Brianna Lin, Joseph Markovitz, Max Murtough, Sammie Seewald, Constantine Tripodes and Eric Wang. Coaches Laura Murtough, Stacey Seewald and Meridith Markovitz led the team in defeating 36 other teams at the World Finals. It was the only team from Western Pennsylvania to earn an award at the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals and the only Pennsylvania team to earn first-place honors.
The Odyssey of the Mind World Finals, set to take place at Iowa Stat University in May, was canceled, providing more than 850 teams around the world the opportunity to submit their performance by video. One judge noted that, “this (Upper St. Clair) team’s video was the single biggest takeaway” he had from this year. He said the virtual tournament helped showcase creativity in new ways
“These kids had to adjust to perform virtually. What they achieved is just awesome,” said Commissioner Enck.
Visit Upper St. Clair’s Odyssey of the Mind website to see the World Champs’ performance and video.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Commissioner Pamela Enck Honored with Certificate of Achievement
- Upper St. Clair Recognizes World Odyssey of the Mind Champions
- Tickets on Sale for New Miracle League of the South Hills Fundraiser
- Bethel Church Road Closure Begins Sept. 8
- New Upper St. Clair Commissioner Sworn In
- Part of Painters Run Road Reopens and Another Part Closes
- Upper St. Clair Board Recognizes Commissioner Logan
- Painters Run Road Closure on July 20
- Upper St. Clair Seeks New Commissioner
- Community and Recreation Center Reopens July 6
Upper St. Clair Recognizes World Odyssey of the Mind Champions
USC Administration - Wednesday, September 09, 2020