The Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD) has designated the Township of Upper St. Clair as a Live Well Allegheny Community.
The Township supports the health of its residents by continuing to develop wellness trails, which can be accessible to residents of all abilities. The Township also promotes smoke-free buildings, perimeters, and parks, provides recreational opportunities to all ages, and encourages involvement with community volunteer activities.
"It's great to see another municipality in my district has earned the Live Well Allegheny designation," said Sue Means, the county council member representing District 5. "I commend the Township of Upper St. Clair for putting together a plan to promote the health and well-being of its residents."
Participants in the Live Well Allegheny campaign work with the ACHD staff. While monetary resources are not part of the initiative, participants can receive materials, information and collateral items to promote the campaign and their individual efforts to live well.
"We are excited to welcome the Township of Upper St. Clair to the campaign," said ACHD Director Dr. Karen Hacker. "Now participating are 60 communities, 46 restaurants, 24 workplaces and 14 school districts that are making health a priority in Allegheny County."
"Over the past four years, we have seen substantial buy-in and investment by hundreds of partners into the idea of becoming a healthier county," said County Executive Rich Fitzgerald."We are grateful that so many people have come to the table to think about how to make recreational opportunities and other health-related offerings available in their community, workplace or restaurant. This initiative is only going to continue to grow and, together, we will create a healthier Allegheny County.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Sworn In
- USC Presents On Stage With Jim and Lanny
- USC Recognizes PIAA Swim Champions
- USC Congratulates High School Speech and Debate Team
- USC Issues Proclamation for Girl Scout Gold Awardee
- May 19-25 is EMS Week in USC
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Resigns
- Commissioners Declare Library Week in Upper St. Clair
- USC Commissioners Honor Stand-Out Wrestler
- A Number of 2019 Road Paving Projects Planned for Upper St. Clair