The Allegheny County Health Department (ACHD) has designated the Township of Upper St. Clair as a Live Well Allegheny Community.
The Township supports the health of its residents by continuing to develop wellness trails, which can be accessible to residents of all abilities. The Township also promotes smoke-free buildings, perimeters, and parks, provides recreational opportunities to all ages, and encourages involvement with community volunteer activities.
"It's great to see another municipality in my district has earned the Live Well Allegheny designation," said Sue Means, the county council member representing District 5. "I commend the Township of Upper St. Clair for putting together a plan to promote the health and well-being of its residents."
Participants in the Live Well Allegheny campaign work with the ACHD staff. While monetary resources are not part of the initiative, participants can receive materials, information and collateral items to promote the campaign and their individual efforts to live well.
"We are excited to welcome the Township of Upper St. Clair to the campaign," said ACHD Director Dr. Karen Hacker. "Now participating are 60 communities, 46 restaurants, 24 workplaces and 14 school districts that are making health a priority in Allegheny County."
"Over the past four years, we have seen substantial buy-in and investment by hundreds of partners into the idea of becoming a healthier county," said County Executive Rich Fitzgerald."We are grateful that so many people have come to the table to think about how to make recreational opportunities and other health-related offerings available in their community, workplace or restaurant. This initiative is only going to continue to grow and, together, we will create a healthier Allegheny County.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Upper St. Clair Named 2019 Banner Community
- New Glass Recycling Option for Upper St. Clair
- USC Receives Highest Form of Recognition for Financial Reporting
- Community and Recreation Center Hosts MLK Day of Service
- Community & Recreation Center Gives Back
- No Tax Increase for Upper St. Clair Residents
- USC Recycling Changes: Frequently Asked Questions
- Upper St. Clair Recreation Presents Holiday Excursion
- USC Issues Proclamation on Fire Prevention Week
- Upper St. Clair Library Earns Gold Star from Pa. Library Association