Upper St. Clair Township Library earned a gold star status from the Pennsylvania Library Association. It is one of eight libraries in Allegheny County and one of 40 across the state to earn PA Forward Star Library status.
"Libraries throughout Pennsylvania continue highlighting that they are more than book repositories, earning stars along the way and underscoring their continued connection in their local communities," said Christi Buker, Pennsylvania Library Association Executive Director.
"Our libraries provide safe spaces, shelter and community connections to programs ranging from financial education to how to care for others dealing with unexpected life changes," said Buker. "Using the PA Forward framework, libraries help patrons meet their own needs and those of their loved ones in an ever-evolving society. We are honored to be able to showcase their efforts and help all residents connect more with these community pillars."
PA Forward works through five key literacies -- Basic, Information, Civic & Social, Health and Financial -- to assist individuals in enhancing their overall quality of life. To continue helping libraries use PA Forward to demonstrate all their libraries offer, in January 2017, the Association launched the Star Library Program statewide. The Star Library recognition offers support to libraries who participate and integrate the literacies in their programming activities. Those libraries are recognized for meeting benchmarks within the bronze, silver and gold star levels of the program. While one star is awarded for both the bronze and gold levels, a total of five stars are awarded in the silver category. Libraries must demonstrate proficiency with each of the five literacies when working toward the silver level of the program.
Stars are awarded on a quarterly basis. The Allegheny County libraries honored are:
-Bridgeville Public Library - Gold
-Community Library of Castle Shannon - Silver 4
-Monroeville Public Library - Gold
-Plum Community Library - Silver 1
-Sewickley Public Library - Bronze
-South Fayette Township Library - Silver 5
-South Park Township Library - Silver 2
-Upper St. Clair Township Library - Gold
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- USC Issues Proclamation on Fire Prevention Week
- Upper St. Clair Library Earns Gold Star from Pa. Library Association
- USC Commissioners Honor Firefighters
- Recycling Changes to Come in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Named a Live Well Allegheny Community
- Boyce Mayview Park Wins Great Place in PA Award
- Commissioners Present Certificate of Achievement to Cross Country Star
- Upper St. Clair Commissioners Recognize Retired Police Chief
- New Upper St. Clair Police Chief Sworn In
- McLaughlin Run Activity Center Closing for Renovations