Here's your chance to become a lifeguard in Upper St. Clair. The Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park is hiring!
A new, blended-learning lifeguard course is available for those interested in a new lifeguard job. It includes approximately seven hours, 25 minutes of online learning and 20 hours of in-class skills.
Here are some options for in-class skills:
Registration Due by Thursday, March 22:
-Tuesday, March 27 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
-Wednesday, March 28 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Registration Due By Wednesday, March 28
-Tuesday, April 3 4 - 9 p.m.
-Thursday, April 5 4 - 10 p.m.
-Tuesday, April 10 4 - 9 p.m.
-Thursday, April 12 4 - 10 p.m.
-$180 for C&RC member without book, or $215 with book
-$205 for Upper St. Clair resident non-member without book, or $240 with book
-$230 Surrounding community non-member without book, or $265 with book
Those who take the course must be 15 years old. In order to complete the lifeguard certification, one must attend all classes, pass all writing exams, perform all required skills with 100 percent accuracy, and pass the final scenario.
Lifeguard positions are now available at the Community and Recreation Center at 1551 Mayview Road in Upper St. Clair. Pick up your employment packet at the front desk to start your new lifeguarding job!
For more information, you can call 412-221-1099.
Editor's Note: This article was updated with new class dates on Feb. 27
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Keep Upper St. Clair Waterways Pollution-Free
- West Penn Power: Planned Interruption on April 16
- Commissioners Declare April 8-14 Library Week in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Designated as 2018 Banner Community
- Upper St. Clair Paving Plan Approved
- USC Commissioners Approve Construction of Tennis/Golf Building
- USC Public Works Is Hiring Summer Employees
- Become a Lifeguard in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Library Needs Your Vote to Advance In Best Library Contest
- Commissioners Recognize Tri-Community South EMS for 40 Years of Service