Here's your chance to become a lifeguard in Upper St. Clair. The Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park is hiring!
A new, blended-learning lifeguard course is available for those interested in a new lifeguard job. It includes approximately seven hours, 25 minutes of online learning and 20 hours of in-class skills.
Here are some options for in-class skills:
Registration Due by Thursday, March 22:
-Tuesday, March 27 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
-Wednesday, March 28 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Registration Due By Wednesday, March 28
-Tuesday, April 3 4 - 9 p.m.
-Thursday, April 5 4 - 10 p.m.
-Tuesday, April 10 4 - 9 p.m.
-Thursday, April 12 4 - 10 p.m.
-$180 for C&RC member without book, or $215 with book
-$205 for Upper St. Clair resident non-member without book, or $240 with book
-$230 Surrounding community non-member without book, or $265 with book
Those who take the course must be 15 years old. In order to complete the lifeguard certification, one must attend all classes, pass all writing exams, perform all required skills with 100 percent accuracy, and pass the final scenario.
Lifeguard positions are now available at the Community and Recreation Center at 1551 Mayview Road in Upper St. Clair. Pick up your employment packet at the front desk to start your new lifeguarding job!
For more information, you can call 412-221-1099.
Editor's Note: This article was updated with new class dates on Feb. 27
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Annual Building Closure Scheduled for Aug. 19-24
- Raccoon Found in Upper St. Clair Tests Positive for Rabies
- Tri-Community South EMS Receives Three-Year Accreditation
- Waste Management Works With USC During Flood Cleanup
- Try the Tri: Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon is July 28
- Morrow Road Bridge Closed Due to Flood Damage
- USC Commissioners Honor Eagle Scout
- May 20-26 Is EMS Week in Upper St. Clair
- Commissioners Recognize Outstanding Swimmers
- USC Commissioners Honor Girl Scout Award Honoree