Instead of a day off from school, more than 60 students made it a day "on."
These students spent Martin Luther King, Jr. Day completing a variety of service projects at the Upper St. Clair Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park.
More than 30 volunteers, including students from Upper St. Clair High School and the University of Pittsburgh, helped organize the community service acts. Some of the projects included making valentines and care bags for veterans; cookies for the homeless; thank you cards for local first responders; cat toys for rescue cats; and dog tugs and snuggle mats for rescue pit bulls.
A sincere thank you to everyone involved to make the C&RC's annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service event another big success!
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- McLaughlin Run Activity Center Closing for Renovations
- Community Blood Drive Set for Sept. 14
- Bethel Church Road in USC to Temporarily Close
- Official Winners of Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon Announced
- Low-Interest Loans Available for Upper St. Clair Flood Victims
- Annual Building Closure Scheduled for Aug. 19-24
- Raccoon Found in Upper St. Clair Tests Positive for Rabies
- Tri-Community South EMS Receives Three-Year Accreditation
- Waste Management Works With USC During Flood Cleanup
- Try the Tri: Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon is July 28