- Township Of Upper St Clair
- No Tax Increase for Upper St. Clair Residents
- USC Recycling Changes: Frequently Asked Questions
- Upper St. Clair Recreation Presents Holiday Excursion
- USC Issues Proclamation on Fire Prevention Week
- Upper St. Clair Library Earns Gold Star from Pa. Library Association
- USC Commissioners Honor Firefighters
- Recycling Changes to Come in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Named a Live Well Allegheny Community
- Boyce Mayview Park Wins Great Place in PA Award
- Commissioners Present Certificate of Achievement to Cross Country Star
Upper St. Clair Commissioners Recognize Retired Police Chief
USC Administration - Wednesday, September 05, 2018
On Monday night, the Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners, Township staff, and current and former police officers recognized retired Upper St. Clair Police Chief Douglas Burkholder for his service.
"It is an honor to recognize Chief Douglas Burkholder for over four decades of service to the Township of Upper St. Clair. Doug has represented the community with utmost integrity and has earned the highest of praise from his peers with his straightforward, professional approach. This has been further demonstrated with his service on many law enforcement boards and committees. It has been an absolute pleasure for me to work alongside of Doug for the last 25 years," said Township Manager Matthew R. Serakowski.
Former police chief and current Commissioner Ronald J. Pardini presented Chief Burkholder with an official proclamation.
"The quality I admire the most about Doug is his loyalty. His loyalty to the Township, to the Police Department and to me. It's my honor and privilege to read this proclamation to you," said Commissioner Pardini.
Chief Burkholder, while serving in the United States Marine Corps Reserves, began his police career as a patrol officer with Rostraver Township in 1973. He joined the Upper St. Clair Police Department as a patrolman in 1976, and rose through the ranks as a sergeant, lieutenant and deputy police chief. In September 2013, Burkholder was named Chief of Police and held the title until he retired in June 2018.
"It's hard not to succeed when you work for this Township," said Chief Burkholder. "Throughout my career, I was surrounded by a lot of good people."
Last month, Jon Wharton was named the new Upper St. Clair police chief.