Kids ages 7-12 years old are invited to try the tri!
The Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon is on July 28, 2018 from 7:30-9:00 a.m. Check-in is at 6:45 a.m.
The youth triathlon in Upper St. Clair is a way to get kids active and exercising in a friendly competition that tests their abilities in multiple facets of exercise.
Participants will receive:
1. Youth Tri T-shirt
2. Goodie bag
3. Finisher medal
July 25, 2018
There will be no race day registration.
Register at the Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park front desk.
Ages 7-9 Years Old:
-Swim 75 yards (3 pool lengths)
-Bike 1 mile (1 lap around fields)
-Run 0.5 miles (out and back)
Ages 10-12 Years Old:
-Swim 125 yards (5 pool lengths)
-Bike 2 miles (2 laps around fields)
-Run 1 mile (out and back)
The Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park has an optional training program. It starts July 3.
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of participants or their parents and supporters will not be allowed. Participants must treat others with courtesy and respect. No rude, abusive or discourteous language or behavior will be tolerated.
2. Participants must complete the prescribed course in its entirety.
3. No unauthorized assistance of any kind is allowed. Non-participants may not run or ride a bicycle with a participant nor may they provide them with any food, fluid or equipment aid during the competition.
4. Race numbers must be displayed at all times. Swimmers must be clearly body-marked. Cyclists and runners must wear their bib numbers.
A full list and description of rules and regulations will be provided after registering for the event.
Mandatory Pre-Race Preparation Meeting:
Friday, July 27, 2018
Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park Community Room
Make sure your bike is in tip top shape for the race:
Bring your bike to the pre-race meeting for a safety check. Bikes may be checked on the day of the race, but lines will be long. Get ahead of the game and check it the day before at the meeting. Tandem Bike Connection will be doing the official checks.
Race day checklist:
-Swim: Swimsuit, goggles, swim cap, ear plugs
-Bike: Bike helmet (required), water bottle, sunglasses, jersey/T-shirt/tank top, cycling shorts, cycling footwear and socks
-Run: Running shoes and socks, hat/visor
Sponsors (As of April 1, 2018):
Community & Recreation Center at Boyce Mayview Park
Contact Lisa Reutzel
412-221-1099 ext. 619
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Annual Building Closure Scheduled for Aug. 19-24
- Raccoon Found in Upper St. Clair Tests Positive for Rabies
- Tri-Community South EMS Receives Three-Year Accreditation
- Waste Management Works With USC During Flood Cleanup
- Try the Tri: Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon is July 28
- Morrow Road Bridge Closed Due to Flood Damage
- USC Commissioners Honor Eagle Scout
- May 20-26 Is EMS Week in Upper St. Clair
- Commissioners Recognize Outstanding Swimmers
- USC Commissioners Honor Girl Scout Award Honoree