Tri-Community South EMS, which serves the communities of Upper St. Clair, Bethel Park and South Park, has received a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services for its compliance with national standards of excellence. Tri-Community South EMS is one of more than 180 ambulance services in the country to successfully complete the voluntary review process which included completion of a comprehensive application and on-site review by national experts in emergency medical services. With this achievement, Tri-Community South EMS becomes the third ambulance service to be accredited in Pennsylvania.
The Commission is a nonprofit organization which was established to encourage and promote quality patient care in America's transportation system. The primary focus of the Commission's standards is high-quality patient care. This is accomplished by establishing national standards which not only address the delivery of patient care, but also the ambulance service's total operation and its relationships with other agencies, the general public and the medical community. The Commission's standards often exceed state or local licensing requirements.
Township Manager of Upper St. Clair Matthew R. Serakowski said accreditation "represents our firm commitment to our patients and community. We continuously strive to do our best and we view accreditation as another step toward excellence."
"Our staff has been key to our successful completion of the process. I think it gives the feeling of prestige and pride to work in an accredited ambulance service," said Tri-Community South EMS Director Nora Helfrich. "Everyone here played a valuable role in our ability to meet the Commission's high standards. We have achieved accreditation, but I believe it can only be a stimulus for continued improvement."
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Recycling Changes to Come in Upper St. Clair
- Upper St. Clair Named a Live Well Allegheny Community
- Boyce Mayview Park Wins Great Place in PA Award
- Commissioners Present Certificate of Achievement to Cross Country Star
- Upper St. Clair Commissioners Recognize Retired Police Chief
- New Upper St. Clair Police Chief Sworn In
- McLaughlin Run Activity Center Closing for Renovations
- Community Blood Drive Set for Sept. 14
- Bethel Church Road in USC to Temporarily Close
- Official Winners of Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon Announced