As we see our first snowfall of the season, here are some reminders from the Upper St. Clair Public Works Department:
- During snowstorms and ice storms, emergency phone calls only please to the Police & Public Works Departments.
- Do NOT shovel snow into the street, it is a violation of the PA Vehicle Code.
- Check Cable 7, the Township website or social media for news of any trash and/or recycling delays.
- Per Chapter 109 of the Township Code, sidewalks should be shoveled within 12 hours after snow/ice event is over.
- Keep fire hydrants free of snow.
- Keep parked vehicles and trash/recycling cans out of the street to allow for snowplow access.
- During a snowstorm/ice storm, major arteries are cleared first as a matter of public safety and for emergency vehicles.