From Allegheny County Department of Public Works:
Allegheny County Department of Public Works reopened part of the 1800 block of
Painters Run Road in Scott Township and Upper St. Clair to traffic. The closure, which
began on July 20, 2020 as part of an ongoing project, was required for preservation of Painters Run
Bridge No. 9. That work included repairs to the bridge deck, installation of guide rail, and paving.
Another part of Painters Run Road – just west of its intersection with McMillan Road in Upper St. Clair
– is now closed. While completing drainage work there, crews encountered an
unmarked underground mine void that might affect the road’s stability. As a result, Allegheny County Public Works will
keep that section of road closed until it can ensure that it is safe for drivers.
Representatives from the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection’s Bureau of
Abandoned Mine Reclamation are being brought in to evaluate the mine void and potential remediation
options. At this time, there is no timetable for when the road will reopen. When one has been
established, that information will be provided to the public.
Traffic will be detoured using Bower Hill Road, Kelso Road and Rob Hollow Road.
As previously announced, paving work will begin on July 31, 2020 on other sections of Painters Run
Road between Bower Hill Road in Scott Township and Cedar Boulevard in Mt. Lebanon. The majority
of that work, which is expected to last at least two weeks, will occur overnight – between 7 p.m. and
7 a.m. Monday-Saturday. The department worked with the affected municipalities for a waiver of their
noise ordinances and is notifying property owners who might be impacted by the night work.
While paving work is taking place, drivers can expect to experience short stoppages in work zones.
Flaggers will be used to control traffic, and drivers are urged to use caution in the area.
After the paving work is complete, crews will return to working between daylight hours only – 7 a.m. to
7 p.m. – until the project ends. The project was expected to end in August, but the mine void could alter
The project is being done by Northeast Paving, a division of Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC, of Pittsburgh,
as part of the $10.7 million 2019 Capital Roads contract.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- McMillan Road Closures Begin
- West Penn Power Plans Outage for Halloween Morning
- Firefighters Honored at Upper St. Clair Meeting
- Commissioner Pamela Enck Honored with Certificate of Achievement
- Upper St. Clair Recognizes World Odyssey of the Mind Champions
- Tickets on Sale for New Miracle League of the South Hills Fundraiser
- Bethel Church Road Closure Begins Sept. 8
- New Upper St. Clair Commissioner Sworn In
- Part of Painters Run Road Reopens and Another Part Closes
- Upper St. Clair Board Recognizes Commissioner Logan