Homeowners, renters and business owners impacted by the June 20 flood in Upper St. Clair may be eligible for low-interest loans through the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Disaster Loan Programs.
Low-interest loans of up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate. SBA regulations permit loans of up to $40,000 to repair or replace personal property. Businesses and nonprofits can borrow up to $2 million to restore damaged or destroyed buildings, inventory, equipment and assets. Loan amounts and terms are set by the SBA and are based on each applicant's financial qualifications.
A Disaster Loan Outreach Center will be set up in Bridgeville to assist anyone who wishes to apply for a loan.
Where: Bethany Presbyterian Church
740 Washington Ave.
Bridgeville, PA 15017
Opening: Thursday, July 26 at 11:00 a.m.
Days: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 28, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Closed: Sunday, July 29
Closing: Thursday, August 2 at 4:00 p.m.
Why: SBA customer service representatives will issue loan applications, answer questions about the disaster loan program, explain the application process and help individuals complete their applications.
Individuals unable to visit the center in person may obtain information and loan applications by calling the SBA Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 (1-800-877-8339 for the hearing impaired), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loan applications can also be downloaded from www.sba.gov/disaster. Completed applications should be returned to the Disaster Loan Outreach Center in Bridgeville (see above for hours) or mailed to:
U.S. Small Business Administration
Processing and Disbursement Center
14925 Kingsport Rd.
Fort Worth, TX 76155
Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via the SBA's secure website at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela.
The filing deadline to return applications for physical property damage is September 24, 2018.
The deadline to return economic injury disaster loan applications in April 24, 2019.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- McLaughlin Run Activity Center Closing for Renovations
- Community Blood Drive Set for Sept. 14
- Bethel Church Road in USC to Temporarily Close
- Official Winners of Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon Announced
- Low-Interest Loans Available for Upper St. Clair Flood Victims
- Annual Building Closure Scheduled for Aug. 19-24
- Raccoon Found in Upper St. Clair Tests Positive for Rabies
- Tri-Community South EMS Receives Three-Year Accreditation
- Waste Management Works With USC During Flood Cleanup
- Try the Tri: Boyce Mayview Park Youth Triathlon is July 28