- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Sworn In
- USC Presents On Stage With Jim and Lanny
- USC Recognizes PIAA Swim Champions
- USC Congratulates High School Speech and Debate Team
- USC Issues Proclamation for Girl Scout Gold Awardee
- May 19-25 is EMS Week in USC
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Resigns
- Commissioners Declare Library Week in Upper St. Clair
- USC Commissioners Honor Stand-Out Wrestler
- A Number of 2019 Road Paving Projects Planned for Upper St. Clair
Commissioners Present Certificate of Achievement to Cross Country Star
USC Administration - Thursday, September 06, 2018
Upper St. Clair High School's standout cross country star, Savannah Shaw, has received another recognition to add to her running resume. On Monday night, Savannah's brother, Alex, accepted a Certificate of Achievement on her behalf from the Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners.
Miss Shaw captured first place for the second year in a row at the 2018 Class AAA Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League (WPIAL) Championships in the girls' 1600-meter run. She also placed sixth at the 2018 WPIAL Championships in the 800-meter run and placed fourth at the 2018 Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) girls' track and field Class AAA Championships in the 1600-meter run with a personal best time of 4:49.51.
Commissioner Robert Orchowski presented the award. Miss Shaw's mother, Tara, and her high school cross country coach, Douglas Petrick, were also in attendance. Upper St. Clair Commissioners and residents congratulate Miss Shaw on her achievements and wish her continued success this year on the North Carolina State University's cross country team.