The Township of Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners declared April 7-13, 2019 Library Week in Upper St. Clair.
Commissioner Elise Logan presented an official proclamation to Library Director Helen Palascak during the commissioners’ April meeting. Mrs. Palascak thanked the commissioners, staff and residents for their continued support of the library.
As some libraries across the country face struggles, the Upper St. Clair Library thrives. Circulation has increased over the past year in Upper St. Clair, and the library has focused on organizing more events for Township residents to attend.
The Upper St. Clair Library continues to provide many electronic checkout options for residents and librarians continue to field many technical questions about computers from library patrons.
The proclamation states that today’s libraries are at the heart of cities, towns, schools and campuses and are not just about books but what they do for and with people. Libraries have long served as trusted and treasured institutions where people of all backgrounds can be together and connect. Libraries and librarians build strong communities through transformative services, programs and expertise, and promote the free exchange of information and ideas for all, which are the cornerstones of democracy. Libraries promote civic engagement by people informed and aware of community events and issues.
Residents are encouraged to visit the Upper St. Clair Library this week to explore what’s new.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- USC Recognizes Firefighters and Fire Prevention Week
- New Health Coaching Services Available in Upper St. Clair
- USC Assistant Manager Wins Prestigious Award
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Sworn In
- USC Presents On Stage With Jim and Lanny
- USC Recognizes PIAA Swim Champions
- USC Congratulates High School Speech and Debate Team
- USC Issues Proclamation for Girl Scout Gold Awardee
- May 19-25 is EMS Week in USC
- Upper St. Clair Commissioner Resigns
Commissioners Declare Library Week in Upper St. Clair
USC Administration - Monday, April 08, 2019