The Township of Upper St. Clair Board of Commissioners declared April 7-13, 2019 Library Week in Upper St. Clair.
Commissioner Elise Logan presented an official proclamation to Library Director Helen Palascak during the commissioners’ April meeting. Mrs. Palascak thanked the commissioners, staff and residents for their continued support of the library.
As some libraries across the country face struggles, the Upper St. Clair Library thrives. Circulation has increased over the past year in Upper St. Clair, and the library has focused on organizing more events for Township residents to attend.
The Upper St. Clair Library continues to provide many electronic checkout options for residents and librarians continue to field many technical questions about computers from library patrons.
The proclamation states that today’s libraries are at the heart of cities, towns, schools and campuses and are not just about books but what they do for and with people. Libraries have long served as trusted and treasured institutions where people of all backgrounds can be together and connect. Libraries and librarians build strong communities through transformative services, programs and expertise, and promote the free exchange of information and ideas for all, which are the cornerstones of democracy. Libraries promote civic engagement by people informed and aware of community events and issues.
Residents are encouraged to visit the Upper St. Clair Library this week to explore what’s new.
- Township Of Upper St Clair
- Statement from Upper St. Clair Township and School District Leaders
- Part of Painters Run Road in Upper St. Clair to Close June 15
- Upper St. Clair Prepares to Move to the Green Phase
- Upper St. Clair Plans Limited Reopening Beginning Memorial Day Weekend
- Upper St. Clair Issues Proclamation for Emergency Medical Services Week
- May 6 Upper St. Clair COVID 19 Update
- USC Board of Commissioners to Have Regularly Scheduled Meeting on May 4
- PA Authorizes Construction Activities Starting May 1 and USC Extends Closures Through May 8
- Upper St. Clair Extends Closures Through April 30
- Upper St. Clair Community Day Canceled
Commissioners Declare Library Week in Upper St. Clair
USC Administration - Monday, April 08, 2019